Egham Model Railway Exhibition 2018
Saturday 20 January 2018
** NEW VENUE **
Strode's College's Sports Hall, Egham High Street, Egham, Surrey
Visiting layouts and Traders now listed below
- Colnebourne OO -- The Society's own Finescale layout. Still under development. The recent scenic work is most noticeable but many other developments have been under the baseboard. More Details Here
- Hummer Road OO -- The Society's propriety layout using Peco code 100 "OO" track modern image stock with visiting steam and occasional overseas visitor. More Details Here
- Sabins End -- 3 mm scale. A small country terminus with stone buildings could be set in Dorset using SR and GWR, or with LNER and LMS stock in Yorkshire. Rolling stock is modified Tri-Ang and Gem & Kitmaster kits. Video here
More Photos Here or here:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/143596669@N08/sets/72157669964151426
- Drive a train -- This a layout for our junior visitors, who can drive the trains.
- Arigna Town -- An Irish broad gauge layout; a fictitious branch on the Sligo, Leitrim & Counties Railway in NW Ireland built to the correct 5' 3'' gauge, almost every thing on the layout is scratched built. Video Here
Clayton West OO -- A modern image layout based on the premise that a government funding was made available to regenerate the area.
Clayton West closed to traffic in 1983 with the closure of the associated colliery. This layout is based on the premise that government funding was made available to regenerate this area, resulting in a shopping village, new homes and businesses on the colliery site.
Electrification of the branch from the main line would have been instituted in the early 1990s, allowing services to run through from both Manchester and Leeds, though cost restrictions have meant that only the bay platform is energised.The station occupies the site of the colliery sidings, rather than being a rebuild of the existing station, as the land there would have been sold for redevelopment. In addition to the shopping complex, behind the station, there is a distribution centre, which variously handles parcels or vans, depending on the operator's whim!
There is sufficient siding space to accommodate engineer's vehicles, locomotives resting between duties, spot traffic flows and weekend stabling. The layout uses DCC (a Lenz Compact system), with traditional 12V control retained for the points, signals and lighting.
The overhead centenary is made from modified Sommerfeldt parts and steel wire. The layout uses a great many ready-to-use building components and attempts to portray the last year of the nationalised network, with a wide variety of locomotive types and liveries. The points are Peco code 75, but the plain track is C&L, giving a much better representation of scale sleeper spacing, even within the compromises inherent in OO.
- Little Hister O -- A layout representing the Southern (LSWR) branch line terminating on the south coast supporting a thriving seaside town. More Photos Here
- This Layout Will Not Now Be Attending. Garsdale Head N -- this is a layout based on Garsdale high in the Pennines near the Yorkshire/Cumbria border operating in the post privatisation era showing both steam, deisel locomotives and DMUs seen on the Settle and Carlisle railway. Photo here
- Trowland S -- This is an "S" scale a ratio of 1:64 (3/16in to 1ft) layout the M&GN never had a small branch terminus but this is what might have been set some were in North Norfolk. More Photos Here
- ABC Models - www.abcmodels.co.uk/
- Addlestone Models - www.addlestone-models.co.uk/
- Bob Hodges Transport Videos - bhtransportdvds.co.uk/
- Freestone Models - www.freestonemodel.co.uk/
- J B Model Storage Solutions - www.stores.ebay.co.uk/JBs-Model-World
- Junction 10 Trading - junction-ten.co.uk/
- P & G Engineering - www.facebook.com/pg/2016railways/about/?ref=page_internal
- Squires Tools - www.squirestools.com/
- Videolines - railwayvideo.co.uk/
- Yetoushka Photography - www.facebook.com/YetoushkaPhotography/?pnref=about.overview
- 3mm Scale Models - www.3smr.co.uk/
- Club Sale Stand - Special offers and second hand items.
- Unique today are these replica British Railways Totem collectable metal fridge magnets.
Just £2.50 each! - esmrs.weebly.com/ (E&SMRS Home Page)